Friday, October 7, 2011

October


I reread the post I wrote last year about breast cancer awareness as it is October (again?!).  It is ironic that the inspirational Steve Jobs died yesterday at the age of 56 thanks to cancer.  I had a very unproductive day workwise as I watched videos of his brilliant speeches and read articles on his life. 

Cancer does not discriminate.  Steve Jobs’s exceptional mind and infinite wealth could not save him from the ravages of cancer.   
“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me” – Steve Jobs
Please, beautiful people, don’t be complacent if you suspect anything is not as it should be. Cancer kills more people every year than AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria combined.

"Your time on this earth is limited; don’t live someone else's life, live by your vision." - Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment